Wednesday 24 November 2010

Symbiosis - 2008 - Slavine

Release type: Full-length 

Style: Cold Ambient

Country: Italy 

Label: Frozen Landscapes Productions 

Format: MP3@CBR, 320 kbps

Size: 102 mb 

Official | MySpace

About Release:

After a handful of demos and split recordings, the Italian ambient project of Valerio Orlandini released his debut album, 'Slavine' through Frozen Landscapes Productions at the end of 2008. Slavine similarly to previous outputs is wintry themed dark ambient music with both the typical ambient drone parts, but also with plenty of melody and some piano sections too. Occasionally the album does have some epic like tendencies though far from bordering on any martial qualities. Vocals also briefly appear though as just whispers and if your not paying full attention to the music you'd be likely to miss them. However there spoken in Italian anyway so in my case I guess it doesn't matter much since I don't understand the language (unfortunately). The album generally carries a melancholy feeling to it and of course the music is rather cold in character. For example its not hard for me to picture myself wandering through a forest covered with snow or just imagining large mountains among endless landscapes, but then again as I write this review I find myself staring out the window looking at a fresh batch of snow falling from the sky above me. I can easily say this is an album built for the winter season and one that I'm sure would sound great via headphones while in nature or perhaps whilst just driving around slowly taking in the snowy landscapes. All in all at forty four minutes and produced quite well too, Slavine is a beautiful and a stunning debut release for Symbiosis. If you've enjoyed past Symbiosis releases or if you also enjoy artists like Vinterriket or even Ildjarn's ambient excursions then I'm quite sure you'll find much to love on this album.

Download from Megaupload.com

Download from Depositfiles.com

Download from Hotfile.com

No comments:

Post a Comment